Take the first step to become a Jefferson nurse candidate. Search opportunities and apply online.Apply Now
First Step: Apply Online
The first step to become a Jefferson nurse is to apply online. You can submit your online application from any computer with Internet access.
After you have successfully submitted your online application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us. Our Nurse Recruitment staff reviews all applications and carefully selects qualified candidates to interview. If we contact you to schedule an interview, we will follow up with an e-mail to confirm your appointment.
Second Step: Your Interview at the Jefferson Nurse Recruitment Center
Interviews are held in the Jefferson Nurse Recruitment Center located in 833 Chestnut Street, Suite 920. Our attractively designed Center is the exciting hub of Jefferson Nursing. Our friendly and experienced Nurse Recruitment team consists of a Director of Nurse Recruitment, Nurse Recruiters, Placement Specialist and support staff, all ready to help and guide you through the steps to become a Jefferson nurse.
When you arrive, you will be greeted by our receptionist. A recruiter will meet with you to discuss the position as well as details about compensation and Jefferson’s employee benefits package. Our staff will then escort you to your interview with the nurse manager.
Please bring the following items to your interview:
- All candidates are required to bring your CPR card and an updated hard copy of your resume including specific months and years of experience, for example, 7/2000-8/2008 and 8/2000-present.
- Nurse Extern Candidates – Also bring an unofficial transcript and a reference letter from a medical/surgical clinical instructor.
- New RN Candidates – Also bring an unofficial transcript and two reference letters from hospital clinical instructors with at least one from a medical/surgical or telemetry instructor.
- Experienced RNs – Also bring a copy of your last performance appraisal. Critical care and telemetry pool nurses will also need proof of dysrhythmia and critical care courses and ACLS card.
How to Get to the Nurse Recruitment Center
The Nurse Recruitment Center is located at 833 Chestnut Street, Suite 920 (on the northeast corner of 9th and Chestnut Streets.) Visitors should stop by the reception desk in the lobby for a visitor pass to the 9th Floor. You will need a government issued photo ID to present to the reception desk.
Free parking is available on the day of your interview at the LAZ Lot, 107 S. 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107. Please ask the Nurse Recruitment staff for a paid pass before you leave.
Jefferson is also easily accessible via SEPTA’s Regional Rail to the Market East Station and via the PATCO Regional Rail to the 8th and Market Street Station.
- Please dress in professional business attire
- Review Interview Tips
- Read more about Jefferson Nursing
For additional information, contact us at 1-866-JEF-NURSE (1-866-533-6877).
Internal Applicants (Employees)
Employees applying for job opportunities must utilize the PeopleSoft Self Service system through on-campus computers only.
Internal applicants should refer to Jefferson’s policy regarding transfer eligibility. In general, you must be in your current position for one year and in good standing with satisfactory performance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.